Houston Restaurant Weeks (HRW), the most anticipated foodie event is kicking off August 1 through September 6 (Labor Day), participating restaurants serve prix fixe menus (fixed price for a variety of multi-course meals). And this is where they strut their stuff, so to speak, showcasing specially created dishes or highlighting some of their all-time favorite recipes.
There’s no need to make special reservations to take advantage of these special promotions. Just book your meal like you normally would, reserving, or walking in, depending on the location. And besides getting a fabulous dinner at a special price, a portion of your check is donated to the Houston Food Bank to provide multiple meals for their clients. It’s a win-win for everyone! And this just leaves one question:
Where to start?
- Perry’s Steak House and Grille is a Sugar Land favorite for special events and celebrations, featuring elegant fine dining and high-end steaks, seafood, chicken and pasta. Crowd favorite: Perry’s famous pork chop See Perry’s HRW menu, featuring 4 soup or salad appetizers, pork chop/salmon/snapper/brick chicken/fried shrimp/ fillet, ribeye, strip steak entrée choices, followed by 3 dessert options for $49.
- Saltgrass Steak House specializes in Texas beef, and lots of it! They serve steaks, steaks, and more steaks, plus entrée salads, grilled and fried seafood, plenty of sides and Texas favorites like Chicken fried Chicken and steak, ribs, pork chops, and chopped steak. If you have any room left, their decadent desserts won’t disappoint. Crowd favorite: Prime rib Saltgrass Steak House HRW special menu includes 3 appetizers, steak and shrimp/fillet and shrimp/redfish/ entrees for $35.
- State Fare features fresh Texas foods in a fun, family-friendly atmosphere. Whether it’s mac ‘n cheese, sandwiches or steaks, you won’t walk away hungry. Kids get special meals served on metal trays. Crowd favorite: Weekend brunch State Fare’s HRW Weeks Specials feature 4 appetizers, fried chicken, salmon, ribeye entrees and 3 desserts for $35.
Travel Tip: Sweeten your weekend getaway with discounts on Sugar Land’s top experiences at the Sugar Packet Marketplace.
- Vino & Vinyl hearkens back to the restaurant supper clubs of the 1930s. They offer great food, a remarkable collection of wines, DJ-spun vinyl music to enjoy and artwork from local creatives. The regular menu features a happy hour menu, plus entrée salads, flatbreads, veggie platter, tacos, sandwiches, burgers, pasta, seafood, chops, charcuterie boards, desserts and sides. Crowd favorite: Brussels Sprouts with ponzu-hoisin glaze and sesame seeds HRW Specials feature 3 appetizers, chicken scampi pasta/trout/short rib entrees and 3 desserts for $35.
- Fadi’s Mediterranean Grill brings the middle east to southwest Texas with combo plates, kabobs, wraps, appetizers, dips, salads, quinoa, Lebanese salad, beetroot salad, vegetables, seafood, chicken shawarma, curry, beef, lamb, fish and family meal platters, traditional and vegetarian soup, bread, kids’ items and desserts. Crowd favorite: Butter chicken curry with rice Fadi’s Mediterranean Grill HRW specials features Chicken kabob/beef kafta kabob/shrimp kabob entrees, 4 sides, and 3 desserts for $20.
- Thai Cottage II is known for sumptuous buffets and combinations like veggies, pad Thai, chicken, sweet and sour, tofu curry, noodles, fried rice, grilled meats, vegetarian, sizzling beef. Pick your protein and combine it with the sauce and prep method of your choice! Thai Cottage II has received awards including "Best Thai" ZAGAT, Best Curry 2000 Houston Chronicle, Great Curry 2000 Houston Press and Best Thai 2001 Texas Monthly. Crowd favorite: Wings of paradise and chicken pad Thai noodles Thai Cottage II HRW Specials include 3 appetizers, 3 second courses, duck curry/fish fillet/fried rice with chicken entrees and 3 desserts site for $35.
You know, there’s really no way to get your fill of Houston Restaurant Weeks specials without making at least a weekend of it. Better book that hotel while you’re deciding which restaurants to visit!
Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for all the latest news on things happening in Sugar Land. Our handle is @VisitSugarLand. Tag us in your posts and share your experience: #VisitSugarLandTX, #SweeterInSugarLand. For more information, contact us at (281) 275-2045 or email@example.com.