Oh, July is going to be exceptional in Sugar Land! It’s the perfect storm of ideal circumstances: warm weather, no school, COVID-19 restrictions loosening and a great line-up of things to do! Take a look, get out your calendar and plan your visit to get the most out of your time here.
Smart Financial Centre
Fun Vibes at Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center
It’s a tropi-cool paradise destination for families to chill out and enjoy summer at the Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center. Summer Vibes is where you can splish-splash, flip flop, and poke around with interactive activities, live demonstrations and performances. Sugar Land’s “Playground for your Mind” is an innovative, child-centered learning center with a vision to spark a passion for lifelong learning in all children.
July 30: Marvel Mania featuring Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Spider-Man from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
The museum is open Tuesday through Saturday, from 10 a.m. till 6 p.m., and is ranked as one of the Top 10 Things to do in Sugar Land on Tripadvisor. Due to COVID-19, the site will be operating at a limited capacity, so book your visit in advance. Summer Vibes runs through August 21.
Sugar Land Town Square
- July 31, 6-8 p.m.: Summer Family Campsite Adventure. Interactive campsite featuring tents, games, lawn fishing and more family fun. Live music from Coconuts and a limbo competition.
- Also, every Friday is free fitness in the plaza every Friday. See site for details: Boot camp, Mommy and Me, Zumba.
Going all Month:
- Painting with a Twist encourages you to bring your own beverage and enjoy group painting sessions. Choose from a variety of topics and age levels for both kids and adults. Address: 3569 Highway 6.
- The Houston Museum of Natural History at Sugar Land is open Monday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. In addition to the IMAX theater, planetarium and the butterfly center, this summer’s promotion focuses on tropical rainforest conservation, with a nature scavenger hunt and garden friends themes on select days. Tropical Odyssey runs through August 15. Get tickets. And included with general admission is the History, Mystery and Wonder Collection, a touching-encouraged exploration of life-sized animals and more than 90 other treasures!
- At press time, the Sugar Land Skeeters, the Triple-A Minor League Baseball Affiliate of the Houston Astros, are currently in first place in the AAA-West standings. The Skeeters have a full roster of games in July. The remaining home games, held at Constellation Field, are the 29, 30 and 31 (doubleheader) against El Paso. Games begin at 7:05 or 6:05 p.m., so check the schedule for details and promotions. Get Tickets
The Artsy Soul Gallery features pottery painting, mosaic art, canvas painting and candle making. In July they’re offering day camps for kids, from 9 a.m. till noon. Camp includes three hours of projects with different weekly themes. Snacks and drinks are provided, and enrollment is limited. Ages 5 and up.
Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for all the latest news on things happening in Sugar Land. Our handle is @VisitSugarLand. Tag us in your posts and share your experience: #VisitSugarLandTX, #SweeterInSugarLand. For more information, contact us at (281) 275-2045 or firstname.lastname@example.org.