Built-in 1918 by the Imperial Sugar Company, Sugar Land Auditorium is the oldest public building in Sugar Land. It once served as the site for all important community events, including graduations, plays, church services, dances, recitals, band concerts, and silent movies. The historic building is located adjacent to Lakeview Elementary School.
The interior of the 394-seat auditorium has been fully restored and upgraded with air conditioning, sound, and lighting equipment. Phase 2 restoration included the repair and restoration of the exterior of the historic landmark, the construction of dressing rooms, a green room, storage areas, and loading dock as well as restoring the historic rooftop balustrade. Phase three included patron restroom facilities, a recreation of the historically covered pergola, and finishing touches on the interior and exterior of the building.