Visit Sugar Land Convention & Visitors Services
Sugar Land's tourism program was established in 2011 when the Sugar Land City Council approved a 5-Year Strategic Roadmap for Economic Development which included the establishment of a Tourism Program intended to generate overnight visitation to Sugar Land by attracting meetings, events and leisure travelers to the City.
The mission of Visit Sugar Land Convention & Visitors Services is to increase the number of visitors and their length of stay in Sugar Land in support of retail, service and hotel businesses and to ensure the success of Sugar Land’s existing and planned Destination Activity Centers.
Visit Sugar Land's program goals and objectives include:
- Provide leadership uniting the hospitality industry and community: Coordination between hoteliers, event facilities & retailers
- Position Sugar Land as a top destination in the Greater Houston Area and as a top 10 destination within the State of Texas for Business and Leisure Travel
- Increase the number of conventions, meetings, sporting events, group tours and individual travelers to Sugar Land, maximizing the use of available hotel rooms, facilities and attractions
- Increase economic contributions to area businesses and governments through increased visitor spending
- Establish and strengthen Sugar Land’s image as a unique and preferred destination for business, sports and leisure activities
- Increase the visibility, understanding, and accountability the Sugar Land Tourism Program within the community and among all stakeholders
Visit Sugar Land Convention & Visitors Services is a division of The City of Sugar Land Office of Economic Development.
All Visit Sugar Land programs are funded annually by local hotel taxes.
- Sales Tax Rate: 8.25%
- Hotel Occupancy Tax Rate: 13%
- Estimated 2018 Population: 117,869
- Census 2010 figures ranked Sugar Land the state's 49th largest city in Texas.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our tourism department listed below.