September will be buzzing in Sugar Land—no doubt on that! Labor Day brings special events to Sugar Land, including several musical performances. The Sugar Land Skeeters continue their baseball dominance of baseball’s Triple-A league, and children have special events to keep them busy and learning. Between these events and the ongoing excitement of parks, restaurants, and businesses, Sugar Land—as always—is THE place to be! Be sure to bookmark our events calendar so that you can check out what lies ahead! Be sure to make travel plans in advance, so that you don’t miss out on your favorites!
Sugar Land Skeeters Baseball! The Triple-A affiliate of the Houston Astros has kept fans excited this season, and we’re eagerly anticipating the playoffs and championship games!
Skeeters September home games:
- September 16 - 21: Playing the Albuquerque Isotopes
- September 29 and 30 (plus October 1 - 3): Playing the Round Rock Express
Visit the schedule for times, special promotions, and more information.
Come out to the Plaza in Sugar Land Town Square from 8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. on September 17 for a classical music event with a quartet performance courtesy of faculty members from Vivaldi Music Academy!
- Alejadro Fernandez at Smart Financial Centre. The Multi‐Latin GRAMMY award winner comes to Sugar Land for his ‘HECHO EN MÉXICO’ WORLD TOUR on September 24 at 8:00 p.m.
Travel Tip: Sweeten your weekend getaway with discounts on Sugar Land’s top experiences at the Sugar Packet Marketplace.
Fort Bend Children's Discovery Center
It’s a month full of special weeks at the Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center! Several week-long promotions and exhibits will help you wind up the summer with learning disguised as fun. Buy tickets in advance, because there is no walk-up admission. All of the special events listed below are included in the general admission rates. The Discovery Center is open 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday.
- What Might You do WonderWeek (Sept. 14-18): Christian Robinson, American illustrator and author of 19 books, has an exhibit exclusively at The Discovery Center. Activities include using collage, paint and colored pencil artwork and creating a giant message to show that kids can change the world.
- Seeing is Believing Wonderweek ( Sept. 17-23): Explore the crazy side of what we see, from optical illusions to 3D movies and rainbows! Create masterpieces and use special 3D glasses to view them, make your own kaleidoscope and build your own satellite.
- Paw-trolling WonderWeek (Sept. 28-Oct. 2): If you’ve ever spent time with a toddler, you’re probably familiar with the Paw Patrol gang. Ryder, Chase, Marshall, Skye and the rest inspire kids daily, and at the Discovery Center, kids can learn how to look and act like the Paw Patrol gang with a variety of activities. They can create paw print postcards and track their adventures using animal print stamps and ink to create unique postcard artwork. There are opportunities to make masks and look just like the fun pups.
There’s also an all-month Paw Patrol Exhibit running from Sept. 8 through Oct. 2.
Every Saturday, the Farmer’s Market at Imperial runs from 9 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.at the Imperial Park Recreation Center. Shoppers can browse and purchase local produce, grass-fed meats, free-range chickens and eggs, local honey, small-batch foods and bakery items. View work by local artisans, enjoy food from food trucks and local chefs and listen to local musicians.
Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for all the latest news on things happening in Sugar Land. Our handle is @VisitSugarLand. Tag us in your posts and share your experience: #VisitSugarLandTX, #SweeterInSugarLand. For more information, contact us at (281) 275-2045 or firstname.lastname@example.org.